Sunday, June 1, 2008

another benefit of training

you get to see the city. I haven't been to Roosevelt Island in years but today I ran down Wisc ave, across the Key Bridge and then over to Roosevelt Island. It was a bit warmer and more humid today, but it was fairly cool in amongst the trees. Did you know that Roosevelt Island used to be farm and grazing land for sheep? None are left in this modern day, but it was nice just the same. A lap around the Island and then back up, across the bridge and then up the dreaded STAIRS I don't know who the guy is but the photo is the stairs is sweet). 6 miles in one hour, but with a bunch of trail time and uphills. Man did I work up a sweat. Now off for a shower and a nice loooooooong nap!

2 comments:

jeanne said...

and what did i do? I TOOK A NAP!!!!
you're winning.

peter said...

Running around Roosie Isle is nice. Plus they have that nice running-water bathroom there on the southern end, it has come in handy at least once. Plus that cool statue of Teddy swatting a giant fly or something. You should have posted the obligatory snapshot shot upwards of you standing under his descending looking scared. Speaking of cool, those are cool stairs. I haven't seen those, they must be under the Whitehurst Expy going up from the river to G'town. Now there's something else I gotta find and run, thanks. Nice run.