Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mickey Mantle

Today was a run day. We are supposed to be doing light training 6 days a week, and today's run was only supposed to be 30 light minutes in heart rate zone 1-2. I am also going to run the cherry blossom 10 mile race this year, in April so I needed to get a longer run in so off to rock creek park I went today - Beach Drive is closed to traffic on the weekends. The first 1/2 mile felt bad, but i decided to go slower and see what I could do.



I ended up running 7 miles in just under 70 minutes. Mickey Mantle wore number 7 for the yankees, hence today's title. It was a slightly rainy and foggy morning, and as a result almost no one was out. Just a great way to start the day. The rest of the day will include napping and sitting on the couch. The real test will be tomorrow's AM recovery run at 6:30am.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Will you be naming your first child Seven?

Jon Wolfsthal said...

no, but I have always thought "mick" was a nice name. ;-)