Friday, March 28, 2008

Not Quite Midnight over Moon-Hammy

more like sunrise in Jacksonville. I am in Florida for a conference of type A policy wonks. Finally, an event where my attempt to imitate a type A Triathlete can pay off. 6:30 run today. Nothing too long - about 3.8 miles. Tomorrow brings a longer run to help me gear up for the 10 Mile Cherry Blossom next week.

This week has been slow in posts, but I assure you not activities. Tuesday saw a swim. The luster of getting up in the dark and cold to hit the water is finally dimmed (was it ever that bright?). Wednesday, however, was better with a wonderful bike down along Haines point and the Cherry Blossoms that are all coming out. Should be a wonderful season for them and I have to tell you, my winter work outs make them appear all the sweeter for the tell of spring. The ride was a slow one - all zone 1-2 for 45 minutes. Times to literally smell the flowers.

Yesterday (Th) was a rest day, which was good since I was flying. Runs the next few days, then one bike on Monday and a weke of swimming to take it easy on the legs before Sundays long run.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: