Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tired but Studly

So mood swings appear part of triathlon life. The last 30 hours have brought me from dispair to diety-like euphoria. I started Tuesday morning with a tough swim session. 200 yard warm up, 200 yards of drills, and then 4x100 ladders (25yards hard-75 easy, then 50 hard, 50 easy, 75 hard, 25 easy . . . . . .) then cool down. I felt slow, sluggish and basically, like whale who can't swim. I was flailing my arms, not gliding enough, and it showed. So I did it, but did not enjoy it.

Because I ran 10 miles on Sunday, I had to take Monday off. This meant I had to do my Monday workout on Tuesday, in addition to the regular Tuesday workout. So in addition to the swim in the AM, I hopped on my bike and trainer in the afternoon for 45 minutes of low intensity riding. That was a little better - hard to bike poorly, especially in a trainer -although drills on the bile are another story.

The this morning (Wednesday) I needef to do a 30 minute low intensity run. I put the leash on Markie (my trusty and wonderful but not great running partner of a dog) and off we went.


It turned out to be a good, run, markie did not stop at all and I felt pretty good. Then I realized in the last 30 hours I'd tone a triathlon!!! And I feel pretty good today not completely exhausted, etc. I just need to keep working at it and compress the time into a few hours instead of a few days. :)

1 comment:

David in 20008 said...

Great picture of Markie!! His cousins, Jasper and Simon, really miss him around the neighborhood.

However, we have noticed that there are not any pictures of the #1 person helping you, Shanthi. ----NOT being snarkie or anything, just a comment.

Keep up the good work John!