Tuesday, April 1, 2008

making it up as I go along

So I have been following a training plan put together by the DCTRI club. They are my main source of support and information, and have put together a great new triathlete program. It explains what to do each day - length of time and intensity (according to heart rate). But I have also signed up for the Cherry Blossom 10 mile race, which is this Sunday at 7:50am. So I tried to put in a few extra miles a few weeks ago and this week have been avoiding the run so as to rest my legs. Biking also takes a bit out of my legs, so it is swim week. Swam both Monday and this morning at G'town - about 750 meters each day. I actually found myself looking forward to swimming last night and despite it still being tough in the pool, I had an OK time both mornings.

So I'll try to make up some bike miles next week to make up for a few skipped workout this week - but I am still making 6 days a week and feeling pretty good about it.

No comments: