Thursday, May 29, 2008

nothing to fear but fear itself

After the long weekend of activities, i was pretty psyched. I enjoyed the bking, had run 6.5 miles and was pretty smug.

Then I had to go swimming. Swimming is my weakest leg of the tri. Lots of people are in the same boat (or pool, as it were). SO I had to accept that it would not be as much fun and just get it done. Swam 900 meters as required and managed to not drown (always a plus).

But Tuesday night I was beat and deciedd to push my rest day up from Thursday to Wednesday. I just could not face the one hour run on wed.

So this morning came and I was less than enthusuastioc about the run. Don't know why, just wasn't looing forward to it. As I started, the first 5 miniytes were sluggish and just didn't feel good but I stuck with it. Things got a little easier as I warmed up and eventually I got into the zone. I ran out MacArthur and back.

Imagine my surprise. When I was done with one hour, I had gone 7 miles. This is a good deal better than my usual pace.

So, in the end, my rest day helped and the run felt great. Cool sunny morning - just a fantastic way to start the day.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

jeanne said...

dang! 7 miles in a hour is nice! this was a tough week. I had to take a nap at work last week. I haven't had to do that...since kindergarten!

way to HTFU!